[PLUG] For Those Comtemplating Jumping Out Of Windows

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 25 14:14:48 UTC 2006

   ... there are many questions to be answered. We see this posted here on a
regular basis.

   It turns out that there are a couple of available resources. Marcel Gagne
wrote a book called, "Moving to Linux: Kiss The Blue Screen of Death
Goodbye," the second edition of which was published last year. Now there's
another one, "Linux Starter Kit," by Emmett Delaney which is reviewed by
Peter Salus on Groklaw:
         <http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20060624125126700>

   These may be helpful as basic reference materials (even if you don't want
the encluded Knoppix or SuSE distribution disks) to some local subscribers,
as well as birthday and other holiday presents for friends and family. So, I
thought I'd pass on the information.

   Without knowing just what these books provide (other than the accompanying
distributions), I suppose there's still a need for "Running Linux" in a
(excuse me) "light" version. For those who find the long time standard too
difficult. Anyway, I hope this information is useful to someone here.