[PLUG] Re: new guy with questions

Edward Terry eterry at openboxbuilder.com
Mon Jun 26 14:15:00 UTC 2006

>> HTML is another possibility, particularly if you're interested in
>> building your own website.  It's easy to learn, and it's always useful
>> to know.
>

> If you show up at an advanced topics meeting and say that you might get
> punched, and you will deserve that and more. Programming languages such
> as Python or Ruby are at a completely different level than a text
> formatting language like HTML. HTML is at worst linear complexity to
> handle, Python and Ruby are vastly more complex.

I'm unlikely to show up at an advanced topics meeting, since I assume
those are for IT professionals and advanced Linux users, and I'm
neither.  I wasn't aware that some computer languages are not
programming languages.  At any rate, he said he planned to learn a
computer language, not a programming language, and he didn't mention
that he was looking for a complex one.  I would think anyone interested
in learning about computer languages should learn HTML; even I know some.

Edward