[PLUG] new guy with questions

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Jun 26 18:49:13 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Wilhelm <scratchcomputing at gmail.com> writes:

Eric> You make us sound like a rough crowd.  I've only been to about
Eric> 15 of these but the heckling never gets quite past the polite
Eric> jab.  Did there used to be more arm-wrestling, brawling,
Eric> bouncers, etc?

Zot O'Connor's initial fantasy for the AT talk was that it would be
(or could be) somewhat contentious, and for some time it was billed
that way.  I guess in contrast to the general meeting talk that ought
to be polite (or something).  In my experience, having attended about
90% of the AT talks since their inception, they have never really been
very contentious.  No one has ever even had a serious argument over
emacs and vi.  I guess the vi weenies eventually realized their
unmitigatable inferiority and gave up.  Emacs rules forever! ;-)

seniorr at aracnet.com