[PLUG] Why is java is evil ???? (was "new guy with questions" )

Jason Van Cleve jvancleve at chrome.com
Wed Jun 28 17:26:10 UTC 2006

Java is great for code reuse, whether you're building libraries as JARs or
simply compiling against shared code, it's straitforward and elegant.  If
code reuse is a myth, it's because of the bureaucracy of many software
shops, impeding the code's evolution across multiple projects--or simply
because programmers don't know to think in terms of reuse.  Maybe they don't
trust their colleagues' work, or maybe they're lazy in the wrong way.  ;)

But this, like bad programming in general, is not endemic to Java.

--Jason