[PLUG] Dapper + Reiser

Michael M. nixlists at writemoore.net
Thu Jun 29 01:07:33 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:14:44 -0700
> Aaron Baer <aaronb at personaltelco.net> dijo:
>

>>> it never occurred to any of the Nautilus developers that a user might
>>> want to create a folder. No buttons for that.
>>>
>> right click -> Create Folder
>>
>> ctrl + shift + N
>>
>> File -> Create Folder
>>
>> That's three ways to create a folder in Nautilus.. need a button for it?
>>

> No, but it would be helpful if some of those had worked. I did
> right-click, because that is what I am accustomed to doing. I also
> tried File > but there was no option to create a folder, not even
> grayed out.

Hmmm...what version of Nautilus is Dapper using?

On my install (Debian Etch) of Nautilus 2.14.1:

1)  The first item in the File drop down menu is "Create Folder"
(Shift+Ctrl+N), in spatial mode.  In browser mode, it's the second item.
2)  The first item that appears in the menu that pops-up when I
right-click on any empty space in a Nautilus window is "Create Folder".

Note that if an existing folder or file is highlighted, the right-click
menu is different and does not contain an option to create a folder.
Nautilus assumes, if you have a file or folder highlighted, you want to
perform an operation on that file or folder, not make a new one.

I can't imagine why Dapper would've removed these options.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." --S. Jackson