[PLUG] Dual head, different depth

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:09:39 UTC 2006

# from Jeme A Brelin
# on Friday 30 June 2006 01:51 am:

>I'm pretty sure I did it, Keith, but you have to turn off Xinerama.

Sounds familiar.  IIRC, you can just remove the 'Option "Xinerama" true'
line.  That means no dragging windows between monitors though (and I
think you then get two taskbars, etc), but you can still move your
mouse to the second monitor.

Maybe you just want to run in over vnc to localhost?

A link that comes to mind (though I haven't tried it either.)

http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2004-July/018963.html

--Eric
--
Minus 1 million points for not setting your clock forward and trying the
code.