[PLUG] HP Linux imaging and printer

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Thu Mar 2 05:35:47 UTC 2006

On 3/1/06, Paul Mullen <pm at nellump.ath.cx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:16:59AM -0800, Carla Schroder wrote:
> >
> > Hurray! HP and Samsung are the only printer vendors, as far as i know, that
> > blatantly support Linux.
>
> Samsung does fairly well by Linux, too:
>
> <http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/>

My encounter with Samsung linux drivers was not so
memorable, it involved binary drivers and if I remember
correctly their installation script overwrote some of my
configuration files. The printer was an SCX-4016 which
I eventually had to hook to a Windows machine and use
Samba.

On the other hand I have never had trouble printing to any HP printers.

Bill Barry