[PLUG] "Webinar" Participation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 2 21:19:48 UTC 2006

   I've received an invitation to participate in a "webinar". The host is a
Colorado company called 'raindance'. The format of their streams is .rmv, and
their techie says they support only IE and safari, but their 'light' version
is a java applet that _should_ work in any browser.

   Has anyone any experience with this Microsoft format?

   It may be possible for me to listen to the live audio stream even though I
cannot download their app to try the demo or view/listen to previous
lectures.

   I cannot wait for the world to accommodate open data format standards.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.