[PLUG] Dumb DNS Question? (port 25 filtering)

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Mar 3 08:25:00 UTC 2006

On 1 Mar 2006, at 22:04, plug_0 at robinson-west.com wrote:

> > No. You can send email if you configure a PSU server as your SMTP
> > server, using your login credentials. Alternatively, you can use
> > port 587 (submission) or 465 (SMTP SSL) if comcast supports it.

Got it working. At home it takes longer to send than it used to,
because it has to connect to mailhosts.pdx.edu now, and
mailhosts.pdx.edu sometimes doesn't respond very fast. But no big
deal. At least now I can send from anywhere without having to
make changes in Sylpheed.

Thanks to all who helped me figure it out.