[PLUG] Congratulations to Carla

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 7 14:38:55 UTC 2006

   Carla Schroder's article in Enterprise Working Planet is one of the news
picks on Groklaw.net.

   What a cogent, insightful, and well-written article, Carla! When I finished
reading it I wondered if anyone put together a Web site with these vendors
and products that refuse to assist in gaining linux drivers. Since they are
so self-engrossed and don't care about their customers, perhaps such a list
would be helpful to those evaluating sources.

   Of course, if I was cynical I'd be looking behind the curtain for pressure
from those who might perceive linux and other FOSS as a threat to their
business model, and want to put every possible obstacle in the path of
greater market share gain by the FOSS vendors.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.