[PLUG] too lazy to figure it out myself, anyone happen to know?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Mar 8 20:40:24 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Carla" == Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> writes:

Carla> Do you clean your build tree first? If you have old config,
Carla> object, and dependency files lying around from previous builds,
Carla> it will use those. Do 'make mrproper' first to start from a
Carla> pristine state. Somewheres in your Makefile it tells you what
Carla> 'make mrproper' and 'make clean' do.

Sorry, I left out that detail.  This is a clean untar'ing.  First step
is:

  $ cd /src
  $ tar xjvf /src_archive/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.15.6.tar.bz2
  $ cd linux-2.6.15.6
  $ cp ../linux-2.6.15.5/.config .
  $ make oldconfig
  $ make -j4
  $ su
  # make install

That's about as pristine as you are going to get.

seniorr at aracnet.com