[PLUG] too lazy to figure it out myself, anyone happen to know?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Mar 8 23:03:53 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> writes:

Russell> Sorry, I left out that detail.  This is a clean untar'ing.
Russell> [...]  That's about as pristine as you are going to get.

Paul> Does it also fail if you use make without the -j option?

I just tried again with another clean untar'ing, and the answer is
"yes, make install rebuilds everything".

Paul> I wonder if some sort of write cacheing is getting in the way of
Paul> object files getting written to disk in the correct order.

I'm guessing it is something different in the environment (different
shell or path or something).  I see this occasionally, but most of the
time it is normal, where "make install" just does the install.
Mysterious.

seniorr at aracnet.com