[PLUG] Looking for a Linux tech

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Mar 9 04:25:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 07:45:33PM -0800, Michael Hopcroft wrote:
> Things I need to add:
> More Storage
> A set of USB 2.0 ports to take full advantage of the external drives I
> already have
> DVD burning capability, faster the better
> Better sound

Not to deprive anyone a nice consulting opportunity but...

If you want to do it on the cheap, hit the FG store for a USB 2.0 card
(they often have them) and a nice Ensoniq or SB Live! card.
Ask that lazy teen-ager playing games in the corner (hi, Sam!) for help
picking stuff out.

Also check the Fry's ads and the Sunday computer ads for a good deal on
a hard drive.  Look for Parallel ATA drives, not Serial ATA.

Then bring 'em to the Linux Clinic two Sundays from now on March 19 and
ask for help getting 'em working.

Also, if you don't have 512 MB on your box, I'd strongly recommend an
upgrade.