[PLUG] Microphone for Advanced Topics

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Mar 9 21:39:20 UTC 2006

I purchased a used portable PA system that we can use to vanquish the
excessively loud air conditioner at Jax when presenting at Advanced
Topics.  Unfortunately, all I have that works well as a microphone is a
bulky handheld.  Good for Karaoke, bad for fumbling with laptops and
laser pointers and notes.

Does anyone have a wireless lapel microphone they would be willing to
sell that we can bundle with the PA?  I can get a new one from Radio
Shack for $50, but I would rather clear out somebody's junk closet.

Keith

P.S.  I also have a cheezy wired lapel electret-mike that works
sorta-kinda (not enough gain, works if amplified by a laptop),
but there is no sport in throwing tomatoes at presenters if they
are tethered and can't move fast ...