[PLUG] Can I make a link happen automatically?

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Fri Mar 10 03:45:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 13:37 -0800, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> John Jason Jordan wrote:
> >> Now, some error checking would be nice, maybe log a message stating whether or
> >> not
> >> the action was successful.  I'll leave those modifications as an exercise for
> >> the
> >> reader.
> >
> > Maybe I need to figure that out in order to see what is going wrong.
>
> And figure out how to _ensure_ that the DHCP address and setting were put in place
> before the script is run.

This shouldn't matter, as DHCP should only change /etc/resolv.conf, not
trounce on the symlink.  I think that is where you should be looking,
symlinks don't break because the contents of the file changes.  I do
have a question, what is your 32bit resolv.conf when the symlink is
broken?  Something must be breaking it.

Good luck,

--
Derek Loree <drl at drloree.com>