[PLUG] Clinic Signs

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 18:23:29 UTC 2006

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 01:16:26 -0800
Jim Karlock <Jkarlock at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have a printer that does 17 x 22 & can make a few signs on paper from a
> JPG or PDF.

That may be a good thing in the future. I have already finished the
signs, and it didn't take me long. I made two easel signs, both with a
2 x 3 on the top so they can be hung over a door. In the spirit of Free
Geek I used leftover scraps of plywood. (See how I'm developing a Free
Geek attitude?)

I printed out the signs on my tabloid printer and taped them together,
then taped them to the plywood. They look pretty good, but after I
finished I realized I need some big pieces of clear plastic to cover
them with -- because eventually they will have to be left outside all
afternoon in the rain. Right now the paper is exposed. Does anyone know
where I could get some clear plastic like we use for transparencies,
but 17 x 22 inches?

I also made several more for pinning up on the walls inside. And I
remade the PDF as a letter-size sheet in portrait (attached) and
printed a bunch of those too. I plan to drop by on Sunday with the
signs and the cookies, then take off to study.