[PLUG] got info?

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Mon Mar 13 18:16:59 UTC 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Don't forget the hardware upgrades, too. This week's issue of The
> Economist
> contains the Technology Quarterly. In an article on flash memory and
> whether

This is completely dependent on what the person runs on the box.  This
has *nothing* to do with Win vs. Lin.  I would say on average the system
requirements are very close w/ any modern day OS in a general use role.

> it's a challenge to hard drives was a statement by Microsoft that the next
> version of Winduhs will reguire at least 80G -- just for the OS!

I'm on the Vista beta team (mainly because I like to keep up on new
tech) and this statement is pure FUD.

> Friends of mine who run/ran Winduhs used to buy new hardware with
> every OS
> upgrade.

One example.  I can run XP fine on a dual 333Mhz machine I have that
just about croaks w/ Lindows.  CentOS is better on that machine but
still no where near as responsive as XP.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/