[PLUG] got info?

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Mon Mar 13 21:51:33 UTC 2006

Christian wrote:

> m0gely wrote:
>>
>> Linux has no viruses or vulnerabilities and can't be
>> infected by such?  C'mon!  That's an outright lie!  I could tear apart
>> a lot more of your points (like Windows not having the *same* free
>> support you speak of for Linux) as well but I just don't have time.
> ~~~~~~~~~
> If this is an outright lie, then you must know of a Linux virus...

Did you really try?

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/linux.rst.b.html

Let me quote you:

   2.Linux
   1.cannot be infected with
   1.virus's
   2.malware

And emphasize your *cannot be infected*.  As if it's something no one
will ever have to worry about... evar.

> Also, where can we get this live and 'free
> support'... I have looked but did not find anything. Many students are
> poor and would appreciate this information.

Well what free live support are you talking about exactly?  You mention
IRC, chat groups, email, all under Linux but not Windows.  You imply it
doesn't exist.  Now if you mean live as in Freegeek, fine.  But that's
not exactly what you said.

> I would like for you explain where I have gone out of
> control. Everything will be backed by evidence. It is obvious that you
> are biased to M$, and that is ok... but I would like support for your
> claims. Thanks much.

You either need to re-read what I said or open your eyes.  I've said
nothing that should require any sort of proving.  It's basic common
sense.  You cannot claim Linux *cannot* be infected by viruses. You
cannot claim Linux can be learned in a day.  That's an insult to your
peers. You cannot claim all Linux software is free ("1.ranges from
$0-$0000").  These are some of the things you claim that are flat not
true.  IMHO, that is out of control.  I am not biased towards MS.  They
wouldn't get another dime from me if I didn't have to be acquainted with
their software to serve my customers.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/