[PLUG] for Christian: Ubuntu installer problem

Michael M. Moore Michael at Writemoore.net
Tue Mar 14 10:25:54 UTC 2006

You mentioned you are going to give out an Ubuntu disk at the talk
you're giving.  Are you aware of this?:

http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-262-1

If you're giving them a Breezy installation disk, you should be sure to
mention this vulnerability.  It's pretty bad.

Ubuntu is (rightly, I think) being raked over the coals at Slashdot for
this oopsy.  I can't believe nobody caught it for five months.

Linux "security" is not all it's cracked up to be, all the time, for
every distro.

--
Michael