[PLUG] Recommendations for webmail?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Mar 14 20:38:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:10:05AM -0800, fh hillsboro wrote:
> Thinking about adding a webmail interface for my postfix based mail
> server.  There appears to be quite a few out there.   Anybody got any
> recommendations?

I used web mail for a while - I got annoyed with it because it was
slow and I was already used to mutt.  So instead I just improved my
ssh setup, and added mindterm so I can make ssh connections from just
about any java-equipped browser.  Especially as I have ssh listening
on port 80 of my alternate IP address, so I can get past port blockages.

OTOH, I hate it when somebody hijacks a thread and changes the
subject, and it appears I just did it.  The offending web mail app
was "twig", and it choked on the thousands of mail folders I have
collected over the years.  I hope squirrelmail is better than that.

Keith