[PLUG] Recommendations for webmail?

Timothy J. Bruce timb at bruce4.com
Wed Mar 15 06:13:52 UTC 2006

fh hillsboro wrote:
> Oops, might have spoken too soon.  I can READ mail just fine and send
> to my internal network but I can't send to any address outside my net.
>
> I get a "Relay access denied" error.  I've seen this stuff happen in
> sendmail and know what to do about it there, but not in postfix since
> I am a n000bie.
>
> Anybody know the solution for this???
>
> -fh
>
> fh hillsboro wrote:
>> OK, got some squirrels running on my server now.  Not bad but it is
>> pretty bland to look at.
>>
>> thanks to all who replied to me.
>>
>> -frank
>>
>> sofar wrote:

>>> that's it - it also works with sqlite for small sites (handy for da
>>> dsl box at home) and they're working on postgresql. I've used it
>>> with courier-imap and dovecot.
>>>
>>> Auke

You can verify that in Postfix (/etc/postfix/main.cf) that the line
"mynetworks" includes 127.0.0.1/8 and the internal IP address of the web
server (assuming you're behind a firewall and don't allow relaying from
the outside), in my case 172.16.1.10/16.  That solved "my" problems when
I encountered that error.

Tim