[PLUG] internet browsing problem

Jim Karlock Jkarlock at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 15 07:41:27 UTC 2006

At 09:56 PM 3/12/06 , you wrote:
>That fixed it.
>
>Thanks
>JK

Well, it worked for a day.
I came back the next day and it has reset itself to point to the modem
instead of the Qwest DNS server for the Primary DNS.

Also the Samsung printer that I had installed and left working, quit
working with a  message that the print was aborted and that I should find
out why.

I tried a Ubuntu live disc and it asked me what video chip set was being
used. I guessed and the installation ended up freezing.

I then tried Knoppix 3.4 and it had a bad sector.

I then tried Knoppix 3.3 and it came up and was able to browse the web just
fine without any manual changes.

So, how do I make the changes to /etc/resolv.conf permanent? (The head of
the file says that it is machine generated.)

Or should I just dump FC4 and try install Knoppix since it seems to get the
DNS stuff OK.

What is the least hassle and most likely to work without further problems?

Thanks

JK