[PLUG] local hardware

Christian christian at rocksolidservice.com
Fri Mar 17 22:08:43 UTC 2006

PC Club will help you with finding parts that are compatible if you send
them an email and tell them what you want to do with it. Let them do
your homework for you. Gigabyte MB's tend to work with them, but Nvida
graphics people were having a hard time with... I think ATI was decent.

If you are using X-Chat go into the irc.freenode server, and go into the
#debian or #oklinux channel and ask them Or which ever distro you are
going to put on it. (I would determine the distro FIRST.) I use debian
and it has worked well... a word of caution... sometimes the guys in
#debian are just plain rude. If you go to #oklinux talk to Cybo-Work or
Cybo-dog, they are the same guy. He is a very good source of info.

Here are some questions to ask. Who has a decent MB that is working well
with Linux? What is it? Which Video Card are you using? Does it play
well? Was it hard to set up?

christian