[PLUG] Browser Blues - Resolved

William A Morita wamorita at hevanet.com
Sat Mar 18 03:26:35 UTC 2006

Carla, Michael

After DSL modem power cycle and Linux box reboot:
Tried Firefox on yahoo.com, it hung multiple times.
Tried the w3m with the "-4" option on yahoo.com.  It worked.
Tried w3m without the "-4" option on yahoo.com.  It worked.
Tried Konquorer on yahoo.com.  It worked.
Switched back to the Firefox window, tried yahoo.com again, it hung.
Restarted Firefox on yahoo.com.  It worked.

Will someone explain what just happened here?
I suspect browsers were in IP6 mode(?), if so how could this happen?
All my connections (I think) are IP4.

Thank you Carla and Michael for you help

- Bill Morita

wamorita at hevanet.com