[PLUG] local hardware

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sat Mar 18 17:48:13 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 09:39, sofar wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:31:41 -0800, Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com>
wrote:
> > Don't even bother with Tier 1 vendors like Dell, Gateway, and so forth.
> > If
> >
> > you're serious about supporting Linux and want genuine Linux expertise,
>
> that's a load of nonsense. Dell and Gateway are extremely serious about
> supporting Linux on their systems - and I can say that from professional
> experience working with them. Feel free to go to the shack on the corner to
> pick the cherries out of the fruit, but saying that Dell does not invest in
> getting their systems to work with linux is false. They actually invest a
> lot in this and work closely with redhat, suse, novell to get their systems
> supported.

Guess I should have been more specific- both Dell and Gateway suck at Linux
desktops.  Dell keeps dodging and weaving, and wanting us to think they are
Linux-desktop friendly, but it's all a load of hooey. I prefer to support
vendors who are not under Microsoft's thumb.

It's not necessary to insult local vendors.