[PLUG] Gnomebaker is baked!

Michael M. debian at writemoore.net
Sun Mar 19 07:15:04 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> So after I toss Gnomebaker in the bin, what do y'all suggest I replace it
> with?

I haven't done it in quite awhile, but you can use Nautilus, at least
for simple CD-R burning.  I would think it could manage to create a
bootable CD-R from an ISO.

It's a fairly simple interface, not unlike burning from Explorer under
Windows or Finder under OS X.  That is to say, you're not going to get
all the fancy options you'd get from a dedicated app like k3b or from
the command-line.  But you don't need them if you're just burning an
ISO.  It's brain-dead simple to create a bootable CD-R from Finder -- I
have several Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, and OpenBSD PPC install discs to
prove it!  I don't remember it being much more complicated using Nautilus.

--
Michael M. -- Portland, OR -- USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions