[PLUG] Thunderbird

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Mar 20 21:58:22 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich> [...] If you are running the X Window System,
Rich> press alt-ctrl-F2 and you'll have a new login prompt on the
Rich> console. You can log in again there. It takes a bit more to run
Rich> two separate X Window System sessions, but it can be done.

FWIW, it's trivial to run more than one X session (my wife and I share
terminals this way).  If startx works for you, just log in to a
virtual console and type the command:

  $ startx -- :1

or

  $ startx -- :<n>

Switch back to the first X session with ctrl-alt-F7, and to the new
one with ctrl-alt-F8.  Additional sessions land on F9, F10, etc.

seniorr at aracnet.com