The Linux Desktop (was Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu Dapper Drake Officially Delayed)

Jason R. Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 07:16:24 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, AthlonRob <AthlonRob at axpr.net> wrote:
> Tim Thorpe wrote:
> > I sadly am a maximize-o-holic :( I love my square button. I just can't get
> > enough of it.
>
> How long have you been using Linux, though?  And do you use it to get
> work done or just to play?
>
> I found when I first started using Linux, probably with KDE or GNOME, I
> only used it to play around a little bit and always maximized things as
> I did in Windows.
>
> However, after I started using it full time and to actually get work
> done, I found I needed a lot of windows open for various tasks and
> simply couldn't see a reason to maximize a window and hide everything
> else behind the blank araes of the windows.

How is that different for someone who uses Linux to "actually get work
done" versus someone who uses Windows to "actually get work done"?  If
your work demands lots of open windows, then you probably won't
maximize, irrespective of which OS you're using.

Of course, you can feel free to insert your favorite "getting work
done on Windoze" joke here.

Jason