[PLUG] New Date for PLUG Advanced Topics

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Fri Mar 24 04:43:42 UTC 2006

>From: Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com>
> Also, I noticed a projector platform hanging from the ceiling.  If we
> can build some sort of anchor arrangement, so the weight of the cable
> does not pull my tiny little projector off it, then we can put the
> projector up there, and free up the front of the room.

I don't think that is a projector platform. I think those are aimed at
simply keeping the lights from shining on the screen. I imagine it could
easily support your projector, but there is a problem.

Ceiling mounts of projectors always invert the projector. The reason is
projector optics are designed for the image to be "above" the projector.
If the image is "below" the projector, the top of the image will be
compressed and bottom expanded; unless your projector has a *really*
generous keystone ("trapezoid") adjustment. Most likely your projector
doesn't have that, so unless you've got a way to invert your projector
the plan won't work. The projector will also need to be able to invert
the image, but that feature is almost universal.