[PLUG] Application Stress

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 27 21:51:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Jason R. Martin wrote:

> I don't know if there are heatsinks/fans that can connect somehow to a
> system management functionality, that would be interesting if possible.

Jason,

   There's something on the motherboard that watches and turns on the fans as
needed.

> Have you looked for kernel panics?  Perhaps this is all an unrelated
> software issue that happened at the time of changing your system? Different
> device drivers than were in use before?

   No kernel panics; at least, I saw no signs of any.

   I wondered if it was software related. Today, for example, I'm not running
xmms and the system's been as stable as I would expect. What I would like is
to identify the cause so I can then figure out a fix.

Thanks,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.