[PLUG] Fedora Core 3 EOL...

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Mon Mar 27 23:02:22 UTC 2006

> From: plug_0 at robinson-west.com
> Well it appears to be approaching the end of it's life and already, web
> sites are recommending an upgrade to Fedora Core 4.  The up2date engine
> in my opinion has something to be desired.

> Concerning newer releases of Fedora Core beyond 3, is there a continuing
> developement branch for people who want a more ironed out release of Core 3?
> Is Core 4 the current release?  How is Core 4 different?

For a while at least, you've got the Fedora Legacy project, but that only
buys you 18 months or so at which point you'll right back here. Beyond
that, no. They stated when they started that this was the plan, you knew
(or should of) that when you opted for Fedora Core, you've only yourself
to blame.

This is where you ask yourself, "what long-support cycle distribution do
I like?" Debian, SuSE and RedHat-Enterprise are your main options; choose
your poison and live with it.