[PLUG] Ubuntu Dapper Drake Officially Delayed

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Mar 28 17:12:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 10:48:31PM -0800, Tim Thorpe wrote:
> Ok since someone asked, I thought I would dump on the pile what I like and
> dislike about linux.
<snip>

Why, yes, it's not Windows, and does things differently.  What's your point?

All this talk of XFCE made me try XUbuntu again.  Pretty slick, though a
few missing applets and usability niggles make me prefer Gnome.

What's frustrating is that Firefox/Epiphany/whatever take so much RAM
and CPU that a lightweight desktop makes little difference in performance.
Dang, I wish Dillo were somewhere beyond Netscape 4 in capabilities.

--
"So we may not be getting anywhere, but at least the version
 numbers are going up."  -- Kurt Wilkin