[PLUG] One Broken File Utility

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Mar 30 21:21:54 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:
>>> That doesn't sound good.  I'd switch to single user and run fsck.

>> Back in a while.

Rich>    And here I am. Despite reading the mount man page, I'm not
Rich> getting the results I want.

Rich>    As root, I type 'mount -t reiserfs -o remount ro /dev/hda1',
Rich> but then 'reiserfsck --fix-fixable /dev/hda1' fails; it tells me
Rich> that the partition is mounted writable so it won't check it.

You want -o remount,ro

Citing the manpage:

       -o     Options  are  specified with a -o flag followed by a comma sepa-
              rated string of options. [...]

Note: "comma separated" in particular.

seniorr at aracnet.com