[PLUG] Re: craigslist job linux at intel

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Thu Mar 30 21:43:57 UTC 2006

>From: merlyn at stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
>
> Mike> I've had very good luck contracting at Intel, both in terms of
> Mike> being well paid and well treated.
>
> I've had varying degrees of luck contracting at Intel.  Sometimes, I got
> re-optioned for up to three years in a row.  Other times, I got arrested and
> convicted of three felony charges.  Most of the time, it was something
> in the middle.

Due to the MS/Perma-temp ruling, you cannot contract at Intel for 3 years
in a row anymore. For the past couple years you could contract for 18
months and then had to take a break for 6 months (or else get hired
permanent by Intel). They've recently lowered it to 12 months contracting
followed by a 6 month gap.

They don't pay very well, though the contracts are pretty long. If you're
in the situation, feel free to take the money and run. Don't expect to be
there long-term though.