[PLUG] dual DVI video card

RParr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Fri Mar 31 16:32:58 UTC 2006

Lancashire, Pete wrote:

>I'm looking for a dual DVI pci-e video card for 'work' not
>for games. Lots and Lots of X11 windows.
>
>Any recommendations ?

Please clarify.

Dual what resolution monitors? LCD?

Dual single-link DVI ports to run two monitors?

A dual-link DVI to run large resolution 21, 24, 30 inch, high resolutin
LCD's?

I strongly recomemend the nVidia cards.

I have had good luck running dual VGA and dual DVI on GeForce 5700,
5900, 6200, and 7800 based boards.
If you are, or might in the future, run higher resolution (1600x1200,
1920x1200, 2560x1600) LCD monitors
I would recommend jumping to the newer 7800 or 7900 cards.  Note most
7800 cards are dual DVI but most
are only some support dual-link DVI and almost all the second DVI is
single-link.  Also true for the lower end 7900 cards.
Some, but not all, of the 7900GTX cards appear to support 2 dual-link
DVI (that is dual Dell 30" 2560x1600 monitors :) )

R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts