[PLUG] ADSL dslam...

Charlie Schluting charlie at schluting.com
Mon May 1 18:19:40 UTC 2006

Larry Brigman wrote:
> On 4/28/06, plug_0 at robinson-west.com <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
>> I have a situation where there is a desire for telephone and network
>> connectivity in two buildings 200 feet apart.  I have a
>> wired/wireless ethernet between the buildings.
>>
>> One possibility is doing a phoneline and running DSL on top of it.
>> Question is, does anyone offer an ADSL dslam that is cheap for a
>> single point to point link?  I don't need ADSL2, ADSL2+, SDSL, 24
>> ports, etc.

You'd be better off with Long-range ethernet, if you're buying gear. But
200 ft is fine for ethernet, 100bT only requires 4 wires.

Also, you can put two cisco 678's on both sides if you really want. (no
DSMLAM needed)
Assuming the phone line isn't going through the phone company.. because
if it is, that won't work, unless you can get a "raw" circuit (normally
used for security systems, and costs $$$). If you have raw wiring
between the two, just use ethernet.

-Charlie