[PLUG] VMware Guest OS Hangup

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 5 23:45:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I believe this is because I moved the linux mount point from an nfs-mounted
> filesystem (/mnt/usr2/winstuff) to a local filesystem (/data2/winstuff), and
> win98 can no longer find it because it has the former path wired in.

   Update:

   I just checked, and I made a softlink when I moved the mount point. So
/mnt/usr2/winstuff points to /data2/winstuff. That can't be the problem.

   Who knows win98 well enough to tell me why it cannot find the drive to
mount, but from a DOS window I can ping salmo and other hosts?

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.