[PLUG] Man pages rock! (OK, sometimes, maybe)

Andy Davidson andyd at pheon.com
Sun May 7 21:42:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 11:39:35AM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Now, for my next learning experience I'm going to see if I can figure
> out how to tell if /media/thumbdrive is the thumbdrive or just the
> mount point.

A trick I used to use was to create in the mount point, i.e., with the
thumb drive NOT mounted, a file named "UNMOUNTED".  if I saw that
file, I knew I hadn't mounted the device.

Nowadays, I seem to have acquired the habit of just being sure it is
mounted via 'df' or whatever.

andy

Andy Davidson	andyd at pheon.com
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.