[PLUG] Forced fsck

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon May 8 16:41:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, 08 May 2006 09:13:34 -0700
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc> dijo:

> On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 22:04 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
> > I don't mind that it wants to check the filesystem, it's just that it
> > always decides to do it at the most inconvenient times. I need a "Not
> > Now!" command.

> tune2fs -i 0 -c 0 /dev/XXX
>
> Well, /assuming/ you have an ext3 filesystem.

Thanks. I do have ext3. The hard drive is hda, and the partitions are
hda1 (swap) and hda2. So I assume I want

tune2fs -i 0 -c 0 /dev/hda2

But where do I put it? The system hasn't booted yet, so I guess I can't
go to a command line. This must be entered in some startup script,
right? Im too new to Linux to know which one. I read the man page for
tune2fs, but it assumed I knew where to use the command.