[PLUG] Need help in Seattle

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed May 10 01:14:26 UTC 2006

# from Richard C. Steffens
# on Tuesday 09 May 2006 04:49 pm:

>they were AutoCAD users and ran a UNIX
>version. If that's still available, there may be an opportunity to
> move them off of Windows.

That's going to be R14 at best and good luck getting a legal copy.  How
would that binary work on ix86 linux?  AutoDesk threw all of their
chips in the Redmond pile quite a few years ago, though in the last few
years, their open source activity makes me wonder exactly what's going
on there.

AutoCAD 2000 runs on fairly well Wine.  But, even that is getting long
in the tooth.  I'm not sure how well newer versions do.

--Eric
--
Speak softly and carry a big carrot.