[PLUG] Chance to do a survey on Open Source Software

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed May 10 05:22:19 UTC 2006

Paul Cubbage <pcubbage at opencountry.com> sent the following letter
to me.  I thought this may be of interest to some of you.

                                         Dave Mandel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 10:27:08 -0700
From: Paul Cubbage <pcubbage at opencountry.com>
To: David Mandel <dmandel at pdxLinux.org>
Subject: Help from Portland Linux/Unix Group

Hi Dave,

I'm with Open Country (http://www.opencountry.com).  We would like to
have the item below posted to your list if you would be so kind.  We
believe it isn't SPAM because:

1 .It would be of real interest to some of your members
2. It involves Linux
3. We're posting from legit addresses
4. We're not trying to sell anything
5. We need input from qualified domain experts on generalized issues
regarding Linux.
6. We won't send any further messages to the list, and we will not place
anyone on any marketing list because this is an R&D effort.

Thanks!

Have fun!

**************************************
Open Country is looking for IT systems administrators who administer 20
or more Linux/UNIX systems at a single location to participate in a survey.

The first 100 respondents will receive a $5 gift certificate to
Starbucks or Think Geek.  All respondents can opt to receive the survey
results and to have a chance to earn $200 for further research.

The survey is online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=645642117890

Further research will be done with a sub-group of the online survey
respondents who will be asked to participate in an interview survey.
The interview is done in a focus group fashion over the phone or in
person.  The interview will take no more than an hour.

Interview participants do not have to fill out lengthy forms or
questionnaires and will be paid $200 and receive a copy of the overall
survey results.

Please contact Paul Cubbage at pcubbage at opencountry.com to apply.

Thanks!