[PLUG] website video

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Sat May 27 21:59:41 UTC 2006

Need more information:   do you mean easiest for users of the system,
or administrators of the system?  Amateur video makes it sound like
you want to allow outsiders to upload videos and there is no good
standard for everyone to be a content creator.

If you mean only for admininstrators of the system, I'd recommend
FVL/SWF (Flash) video.  Use py2swf to screen-capture desktop as Flash
video.  Or, ffmpeg to convert any format to FLV.  This is the easiest
to host and create on FOSS installations, IMHO, and most people can
play this back without a plugin installation.

Don't worry about doing anything to Apache, just serve the files over
normal HTTP.  If you need to do live, then you are probably SOL.  Live
is the tricky part, but I'd recommend stabbing yourself in the eyes
several times to prepare yourself for the pain of doing a live event
anyway.

Chris