[PLUG] Digital camera -- wrong choice?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun May 28 19:52:19 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> I have a Canon A2, BTW.  Going off topic, the 2M pixel count is
Keith> fine on this older camera, I've rarely needed more.  OTOH, more
Keith> pixels use more power and memory.  What I would really like in
Keith> a camera, if I could find it in the same size, is (1) lower
Keith> shutter delay (2) longer battery life (3) customizable
Keith> persistent settings (4) lower light levels (5) physically
Keith> robust (6) 2 Mpix, not more(!) .

My dad just got one of these:

  http://www.leica-camera.com/digitalekameras/c-lux1/index_e.html

apparently with panasonic (??) guts, a leica lens and metal body.  Has
"ultra short shutter delay" and some kind of image stabilization
thing.  6 Mpixels though.  Very sexy and not an astronomical price.

seniorr at aracnet.com