[PLUG] BLOG Server Software

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 29 20:08:18 UTC 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Charlie Schluting wrote:

> Rich: if you get anything php-based, make sure to subscribe to their
> accounce list. You'll be updating, or discovering that your server is
> suddenly a huge spam source.

Charlie,

   I know that the Slackware security team has put out several php upgrades to
patch vulnerabilities. I believe that WordPress uses CSS and XHTML rather
than PHP to render pages.

> I personally use serendipity. It's the best looking, IMHO, and upgrade are
> automated. http://www.s9y.org/

   So many choices ... and each has its collection of happy users.

   The issue of "best looking" is so subjective that I won't touch that at
all. :-) Since they all have skins (thick or thin) and themes, looks can be
changed with the weather.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator