[PLUG] Squirrel Mail Question

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Tue May 30 17:09:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Carla Schroder wrote:
> On Monday 29 May 2006 9:50 pm, Vram wrote:
> > Re: [PLUG] Squirrel Mail Question
> >  From: Vram <lamsokvr at xprt.net>
> >  To: "General Linux/UNIX discussion and help; civil and on-topic"
> <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>

> > > I've got it running. What's your question?
> > >
> > > Sandy
> >
> > Thanks for answering
> >
> > What I done so  far
> >
> > Install Postfix
> >
> > Install Apache with PHP
> >
> > Install IMAP
> >
> > Install SquirrelMail

> You might need to enter the appropriate PHP modules in httpd.conf.
> Squirrelmail is just a big ole PHP script, so you need to get PHP working
> first.
>
> Uncomment
>
> #AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> #AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> Then you'll need to configure your usual virtual hosts. Then a nice trick is
> to create a softlink to a /webmail directory, so users can go to
> domain.com/webmail:
>
> # ln -s /usr/share/squirrelmail /var/www/webmail
>
> Squirrelmail installs with a raft of help docs, so be sure to dig them out.

You can also set up an alias in squirrelmail.conf to take care of
that...

    Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

I assume by "localhost/squirrelmail" you mean you're pointing your
browser at http://localhost/squirrelmail as opposed to trying to invoke
it from the command line (nod yes).

You can test to make certain you've got Apache w/PHP configured
correctly by creating the following simple php page (call it
info.php)...

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

...and pointing your browser at it. It should yield a wealth of
information about your PHP configuration.

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org
Peck of Pickled Pisces               __  o               http://herring.org/