[PLUG] Need help setting up my Atheros wireless card on a pure Debian system

Robert Miesen bobby_miesen at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 03:53:57 UTC 2006

Hi all.

       Recently I decided to switch from Fedora Core 5 to Debian Etch
v3.1 and thus far, I am happy with my decision to do so. The only real
difficulty I am having with Debian is that I don't know how to get my
Atheros card to work correctly. Does anyone know how to detect and
install a new interface for my wireless card--preferably by using a
command?  I've installed the most recent version of madwifi-ng-tools
package from debian-unstable distribution.

       Thanks in advance.