[PLUG] BLOG Server Software -- SOLUTION FOUND

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 31 21:32:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> Careful there, a light implementation does not translate into an "easy for
> an amateur like me" to use application.

Michael,

   Noted.

> Warning #1:  the date stamps of your files determines the blog order.  Copy
> some files around and your blog changes article ordering.

   OK. For the moment I don't anticipate that being an issue here. I assume
that when you write, "copy some files around," you're referring to moving
them on the server from one directory to another. Yes?

> Perhaps a stronger hint comes from http://blosxom.org/blog/ which has a
> banner that reads:
>
>  blog about blosxom powered by Movable Type

   May very well vary with the specific application, intensity of use, site
complexity, and other factors. Now the advantages are 1) ease of setup, 2)
ability to use it on my current site host, and 3) no need for mysql and all
that entails.

Thanks for the heads-up,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator