[PLUG] XDMCP and the Firewall -- Resolved

Timothy J. Bruce timb at bruce4.com
Wed Nov 1 23:26:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, October 31, 2006 18:04, William A Morita said:
> Elliott
>
> Thank you for that info.
> I am connecting only on my LAN.
> Specifically I am using XWIN (Cygwin) to connect from an XP host to the
> Linux boxes.
>
> - Bill Morita
> wamorita at hevanet.com

If you are using Cygwin / XWin, then you may want to use the following
command:

    Local$ xhost +remotehost
    Local$ ssh -Y user at remotehost
    RemoteHost$ konqueror &

and then bring the application forward to your desktop to display it in
your local XWin.

If you need more info, you can email the list or me directly as I use this
technique regularly at work.

Tim

--
Timothy J. Bruce