[PLUG] Firefox 2.0 Install - too difficult?

Piet van Weel pmvw at outwardfocus.net
Thu Nov 2 09:20:29 UTC 2006

Well Keith...

Honestly I'll be surprised if SUSE will have firefox 2.0 very quickly. One
of the things that makes *in some aspects* SUSE harder, is the factor that
it is really challenging doing a source upgrade. This is due to the large
amount of customizations which occur. (It's like Real Estate, location,
location, location.)

The advantage is that if you're using YAST and SUSE has released it, it's
generally pretty good at working from the get go. (There have been times
when it wasn't that way.) The downside is that you're not usually going to
get the latest and greatest, but it will be very stable.

Piet