[PLUG] CentOS cd changers...

plug_0 at goose.robinson-west.com plug_0 at goose.robinson-west.com
Thu Nov 2 20:03:24 UTC 2006

I ran into a web site: http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/42

Thats suggest connecting a repository to CentOS's yum system via:

rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt

etc.

Question is, which repositories are safe and which ones aren't?

On a side note:

I'm leery of doing updates, I am configuring CentOS to replace my
aging Redhat Valhalla system.  I want clam antivirus though.  I
remember for the 2.4 kernel that there was a cd changer program
in the documentation of the kernel source.  Trouble is, how do I
get a patched up kernel source tarball installed?  Are there any
plain english explanations of the changes the CentOS community makes
to a stock kernel?  I found and installed the source rpm, though
not without tons of errors about a user not existing.  So it
installed the source as being owned by root.

     Michael C. Robinson